ATD Baton Rouge is looking for our 2015 Professional Development Program Manager. This individual plays a key role in our annual professional development event and serves as the chair for the professional development program committee. The position description is listed below. If you have questions about this position or would like to serve your chapter in this volunteer role, send an email to email@example.com.
Professional Development Program Manager
The Professional Development Program Manager shall be an ATD Baton Rouge chapter member in good standing. The Professional Development Program Manager shall:
● Serve for one calendar year
● Lead the Professional Development committee
● Reports to the VP of Programs
● Assist the VP of Programs by planning and executing professional development events for the chapter.
Responsibilities of the Professional Development Program Manager and the
Professional Development Committee are:
● Arrange for special professional development opportunities for chapter members and guests
● Chair committee to arrange for facilities, equipment, food, registration, speaker booking, sponsorship, marketing, vendors (if applicable), book sales (if applicable), and any/all other logistical needs to conduct a successful professional development conference or workshop
● Identify relevant topics and appropriate/qualified speakers for special programs.
● Utilize membership survey results in future planning
● Negotiate contract with speaker or speaker agency in coordination with
President, Treasurer, and other members of Board or President’s Council as
determined by President.
● Work with President, VP of Programs, and Board of Directors in scheduling the event
● Work with the Treasurer to plan and execute an event budget
● Work with Committee, VP of Programs, VP of Marketing/Communications and VP of Technology to develop and execute an event marketing strategy
● Collect from speaker: any special room set up requests, equipment needed, bio, program description which includes learning objectives and head shot photograph
● Understand and reply to questions regarding the benefits of membership
● Ensure speaker knows time frames, estimated attendance and audience
● The primary goal of the event is to provide professional development
opportunities for the membership. If a revenue goal has not specifically been commissioned by the Board of Directors, the Committee is by default
commissioned to ensure the event supports itself by breaking even.
● Perform whatever roles and responsibilities that are necessary to meet chapter goals as requested by the President.